Saturday, January 26, 2008

Enough tomatoes already!

I have repotted the strongest of the tomato sprouts into larger pots: some newspaper pots, some recycled plastic containers, two of them from an oatmeal carton cut in half. Along with those that were begun in newspaper pots, I have, in the containers that they will be in until transplanted outside:

  • 3 Sweet Million
  • 3 Sun Cherry
  • 3 Brandywine
  • 2 Oregon Spring
  • 2 Early Girls
  • 1 Matina
  • 1 Florida Petite
  • 2 mystery tomatoes that I didn't label when I planted them
Crowded out of sight: 1 Brandywine, 1 Mystery Tomato

That is all that I am going to have room for, and then some! And I'm still sprouting some Marianna Peace and 4th of July tomatoes.

I've also potted one Rosa Bianca eggplant, and that's all the Rosa Biancas I want for my own garden.

Garden plan:
  • five tomatoes down the middle of the veggie bed
    (Brandywine / Oregon Spring / Matina / Early Girl / Brandywine)
  • in two tubs, one eggplant and three tomatoes
    (Rosa Bianca Eggplant / Oregon Spring : Early Girl / Marianna Peace)
  • one 4th of July tomato in a pot
  • upside-down hanging tomatoes: 3 Sweet Million, 2 Sun Cherry, a 4th of July; I might even try an Oregon Spring and an Early Girl upside down, unless somebody tells me I'm nuts.
I'm planning to give away the Florida Petite, one of the Sun Cherries, and one of the Brandywines as gifts. I would like to pot some more of the sprouts to give away: I still have three nice healthy Rosa Bianca sprouts, plus 3 Oregon Spring, 2 Brandywine, 1 Sweet Cherry and 1 Sweet Million; and I will (hopefully) also have more Marianna Peace and 4th of July than I can use. And I still want to sprout some more Florida Petite and pot them, as gifts. Unless I can give them away quickly, though, I may just plain run out of room. I've already run out of potting soil.

I started a small flat of geraniums and one of petunias today, in perlite. My first Amber Kiss viola is up! And Sid's catmint is sprouting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.